- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pita Bread Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Warm water||3 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (as required)|
Calories 177 Calories from Fat 24
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.3%
Saturated Fat 0.4 g2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 82.5 mg3.4%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.1%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 5 g9.6%
Vitamin A 0.02% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0.9% Iron 10.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small bowl, mix yeast with warm water and sugar. Let is rise for 5 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
1. In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, yeast mixture, olive oil and water and knead.
2. Keep adding water slowly while kneading continuously to form soft dough.
3. Add salt and knead till soft and elastic. Cover with a wet cloth and let it rise for 30 minutes.
4. Take the dough and make small ball of it.
5. Sprinkle a flat surface with flour and roll the balls into flat circles.
6. Place the bread on a pizza stone and bake till done or puffed up.
7. Remove from the oven and carefully cut open the pita pocket.
8. In a serving plate, serve the pita pockets with falafel or meat or any other filling.