- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pistachio Pinwheel Cake Recipe
|Pistachio nuts||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), shelled|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), divided|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Blueberries||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2314 Calories from Fat 839
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 99 g152.4%
Saturated Fat 15.2 g75.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 634.4 mg
Sodium 613 mg25.5%
Total Carbohydrates 329 g109.7%
Dietary Fiber 35.5 g141.9%
Sugars 238.6 g
Protein 63 g126%
Vitamin A 42.8% Vitamin C 115.4%
Calcium 68.2% Iron 70.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) With Â¼ cup of sugar, grind the nuts to a fine consistency.
3) Add the baking powder, egg yolks and the remaining sugar.
4) Whip the egg whites and fold into the mixture.
5) Into a jelly roll pan lined with waxed paper on the bottom, pour the batter.
6) Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
7) Place on a cake rack and allow to cool.
8) Sprinkle icing sugar all over and turn the cake out onto a counter.
9) Take off the waxed paper.
10) Serve as preferred.