- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Semi-sweet chocolate morsels||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted cake flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3466 Calories from Fat 1477
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 163 g251.4%
Saturated Fat 64.5 g322.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 336.9 mg
Sodium 2944.1 mg122.7%
Total Carbohydrates 446 g148.7%
Dietary Fiber 15.5 g62.1%
Sugars 173.5 g
Protein 64 g129%
Vitamin A 33.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 71% Iron 135.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, add the chocolate morsels and stand over hot water.
2) Allow the chocolate to melt.
3) In a bowl, combine the butter and sugar and cream till light and fluffy.
4) Add in the egg, milk, and vanilla and beat well.
5) Combine and sift the flour, salt, and baking powder.
6) Add into the creamed mix with the nuts and knead well.
7) Divide the dough into half.
8) On a lightly-floured board, roll out one half of the dough to 1/8-inch thick.
9) Add in the melted chocolate to the other half.
10) Roll the chocolate half mixed dough to 1/8-inch thickness.
11) Place the chocolate dough over the white dough and press with a rolling pin.
12) Roll up into 1 inch-diameter rolls.
13) Wrap in waxed paper.
14) Refrigerate till firm.
15) Cut in 1/8-inch thick slices.
16) Arrange on an ungreased baking sheet.
17) Place in the oven at 375° F and bake for 12 minutes.
18) Serve as a snack.