- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
PinWheel Steak Recipe Video
|Beef flank steak||1 Large, tenderize|
|Bacon strips||10 Large|
|Montreal steak seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Gorgonzola cheese||5 Ounce, grated|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Ounce, grated|
|Cherry wood smoking chips||1 Bag (1 kg) (For cooking the steak)|
|Peppercorn medley||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 691 Calories from Fat 462
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g79.6%
Saturated Fat 28.5 g142.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 132 mg
Sodium 2321 mg96.7%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g0.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.01 g0.02%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 49 g98.8%
Vitamin A 17.3% Vitamin C 4.4%
Calcium 73.4% Iron 8.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak cherry chips for 20-30 minutes prior to grilling steaks.
2. Partially cook bacon, pat dry and set aside.
3. Rub the tenderized flank steak with olive oil.
4. Season it with salt, pepper, Montreal Steak Seasoning and Pepper Corn medley.
5. Slice flank steak, cutting against the grain of the meat, into strips equal to the width of a piece of bacon and keep strips grouped to the shape of the flank steak.
6. Spread Parmesan cheese evenly over the strips and pat to adhere.
7. Spread Gorgonzola cheese evenly over the strips and pat to adhere.
8. Place a slice of bacon over each strip.
9. Begin rolling pin-wheel steak from an end cut.
10. Each pin-wheel will consist of 4-5 strips, depending on the size of the flank steak. (Yeild will be 2 Pin-wheel steaks)
11. Tie each pin-wheel with butcher/kitchen string.
12. Slowly grill over briquettes using the soaked Cherry wood chips for about an hour.
13. Remove from grill, plate and serve as your yummy main dish.