- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pinwheel Gnocchi Recipe
|Frozen chopped spinach||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Ricotta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs) (From A 1 Pound Carton)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Potatoes||2 Pound, pared|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Sifted all purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3460 Calories from Fat 949
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 108 g166.1%
Saturated Fat 61.8 g309.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 722.7 mg
Sodium 3039 mg126.6%
Total Carbohydrates 478 g159.2%
Dietary Fiber 36.6 g146.5%
Sugars 12.2 g
Protein 154 g307.6%
Vitamin A 589.7% Vitamin C 430.7%
Calcium 240.1% Iron 200.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Combine the spinach, ricotta, 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, nutmeg, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender in a large saucepan; toss over very low heat 2 minutes to dry potatoes.
4. Mash potatoes until smooth in a large bowl; beat in the eggs. Blend in 2 3/4 cups of the flour to make a soft dough.
Knead on lightly floured pastry board, adding only enough of the remaining 1/4 cup flour to keep dough from sticking.
Roll out to a 14-inch square and spread with filling; roll up, jelly-roll fashion. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 1 hour.
5. Carefully cut dough into 1-inch slices. Place them overlapping, in a greased 9x9x2-inch baking pan.
Spoon melted butter over the top and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
6. Bake in hot oven (400°) 25 minutes, or until golden.