- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pink Peppermint Cookies Recipe
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Peppermint essence||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Red vegetable food coloring||12 Drop|
|Sifted flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Instant non fat dry milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3220 Calories from Fat 1678
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 186 g285.5%
Saturated Fat 40.2 g200.8%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 226.1 mg75.4%
Sodium 2071.7 mg86.3%
Total Carbohydrates 328 g109.3%
Dietary Fiber 14.4 g57.7%
Sugars 185.4 g
Protein 75 g150.2%
Vitamin A 4.9% Vitamin C 4.9%
Calcium 117.4% Iron 47.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Combine the shortening and sugar, and cream till light and fluffy.
2) Add in the egg, peppermint, and food coloring and beat till well blended.
3) Combine and sift the flour, milk, baking powder, and salt.
4) Add into the creamed mix and blend till a soft dough.
5) Refrigerate for about 1/2 hour.
6) Between two sheets of waxed paper, add half the dough and roll out to 1/8-inch thickness.
7) Cut with a 2-inch cookie cutter.
8) Arrange on an ungreased baking sheet.
9) Top with chopped nuts.
10) Place in the oven at 350°F and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or till edges are lightly browned.
11) Serve lightly dusted with sugar.