- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pink Pistachio 'Layer Cake' Recipe
|Strawberry ice cream||2 Quart|
|Pistachio ice cream||1 Quart|
|Strawberry jam||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whipped heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped pistachio nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Strawberries||1 Pint, washed|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4895 Calories from Fat 1600
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 182 g280.3%
Saturated Fat 89.1 g445.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 477.4 mg
Sodium 857 mg35.7%
Total Carbohydrates 757 g252.3%
Dietary Fiber 59.1 g236.4%
Sugars 622 g
Protein 94 g188.4%
Vitamin A 79.1% Vitamin C 542.9%
Calcium 30.9% Iron 28%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Allow the ice cream to soften slightly.
2) Take 3 8-inch layer cake pans and line them with plastic wrap.
3) Press a quart of each of the two ice creams into the cake pan firmly.
4) Cover the cake pans and freeze then until firm, for about several hours.
5) Once nicely set, take the ice creams out from their pans. Pull off the plastic wrap.
6) On the serving plate, place a layer of strawberry. Spread over it half the amount of the strawberry jam.
7) Sprinkle a layer of pistachios on top, and spread with the remaining jam over it.
8) Top it with the rest of the strawberries.
9) Frost the top and sides of the cake with whipped cream. Sprinkle more pistachio nuts on the sides.
10) Freeze the cake till it becomes firm, for about 3 hours.
11) If you wish to preserve the cake for a few days, wrap the frozen cake in plastic wrap or foil.
12) Serve the Pink Pistachio 'Layer Cake' garnished with strawberry halves.