- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pink Onions Escoffier Recipe
|Tarragon vinegar/Cider vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Tomato paste||3 Tablespoon|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Small white onions||1 Pound, peeled|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1066 Calories from Fat 542
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g94.4%
Saturated Fat 8.6 g43.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2040.7 mg85%
Total Carbohydrates 118 g39.4%
Dietary Fiber 13.2 g53%
Sugars 76.1 g
Protein 10 g19.8%
Vitamin A 66.9% Vitamin C 145.3%
Calcium 21.7% Iron 35.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, add all the ingredients other than the onions. Combine thoroughly.
2) Add onions to the mixture.
3) Place the saucepan over high heat and bring it to a boil.
4) Reduce heat to low and cover the saucepan with a lid. Let it simmer for an hour or until the onions are thoroughly cooked and the sauce has turned creamy.
5) Remove from heat and allow cooling at room temperature.
6) Place inside refrigerator to chill.
7) Serve chilled by garnishing with lemon wedges.