- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pink Crown Chantilly Torte Recipe
|Sifted cake flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Stick)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Eggs||5 , separated|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Toasted slivered almonds||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|10x confectioners' powdered sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Strawberries||1 Pint, washed (2 Cups)|
|Strawberries||1 Pint, washed and hulled|
Calories 356 Calories from Fat 183
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.4%
Saturated Fat 10.2 g51.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 136.3 mg
Sodium 113.6 mg4.7%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.9%
Sugars 27 g
Protein 5 g10.9%
Vitamin A 6.9% Vitamin C 39.2%
Calcium 8.2% Iron 8.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease two 8-inch round layer-cake pans with butter and dust lightly with flour.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt onto wax paper.
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine butter or margarine with ½ cup sugar.
5. Use an electric mixer to beat until light and creamy.
6. Add eggs, one at a time to the creamed mixture, beating continuously until well blended.
7. Stir in vanilla
8. Add the flour mixture in 3 batches, alternating with milk, and gently stirring until blended into a smooth batter.
9. Divide and spread batter into prepared pans
10. In a large mixer bowl, add egg whites with almond extract.
11. Use and electric beater to whisk them until foamy double in volume
12. Gradually add remaining sugar, beating constantly until meringue mixture is thick, glossy and stands in firm peaks.
13. Spread meringue over batter in pans and top with almonds.
14. Bake cakes in preheated oven for 30 minutes until meringue is golden.
15. Remove from oven and cool cakes in pans for 5 minutes then loosen around edges with knife and invert, onto palm of one hand and place meringue side up of wire rack to cool and harden completely.
16. In the mean time, whip cream with confectioner’s sugar until stiff
17. Place cakes on a serving plates
18. Top each with whipped cream.
19. Decorate with strawberry halves
20. Cut each into 6 equal wedges.