- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pink and Red Salad Recipe
|Cooked pinto beans/Canned pinto beans -two 15-ounce cans, drained||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Finely shredded red cabbage||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Finely chopped celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely chopped radishes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Seeded chopped cucumbers||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3914 Calories from Fat 2845
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 321 g493.1%
Saturated Fat 38.5 g192.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 78.6 mg
Sodium 5239.1 mg218.3%
Total Carbohydrates 205 g68.3%
Dietary Fiber 70 g279.9%
Sugars 15.9 g
Protein 67 g133.5%
Vitamin A 42.2% Vitamin C 181.9%
Calcium 46.9% Iron 90.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a bowl and add pinto beans or canned pinto beans, red cabbage, celery, radishes, cucumbers and onion into it.
2. Take a blender and add oil, cider vinegar, mayonnaise, salt, pepper and dry mustard into it and whirl until well blended.
3. Spoon the dressing mixture over the vegetables and toss such that vegetables get coated.
4. Cover the mixture and refrigerate for several hours thereby allowing the mixture to marinate.
5. Toss the mixture.
6. Spoon the pink and red salad on greens and serve it with rice.