- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pineapple Shells Filled with Lemon Ice Recipe
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon ice/Pineapple ice or sherbet||1 Quart|
|Green creme de menthe||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh mint leaves||4|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2156 Calories from Fat 25
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.6%
Saturated Fat 0.23 g1.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 28.3 mg1.2%
Total Carbohydrates 522 g174%
Dietary Fiber 32.6 g130.3%
Sugars 278.5 g
Protein 13 g25.2%
Vitamin A 33.2% Vitamin C 1820.7%
Calcium 31.6% Iron 39.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare the pineapple by cutting the pineapple in half right through the frond. Use a sharp knife or scissors to remove the frond and then remove the pineapple from the shell. Use the knife to also cut on an angle, 1/4 inch from edge of pineapple, to loosen meat. Then cut in half lengthwise, and remove sections. Refrigerate the shells.
2. Prepare the pineapple core and then discard any pith.. Cut pineapple into small chunks.
3. Place chunks in a medium bowl; stir in confectioners’ sugar. Refrigerate until it is well chilled for atleast 3 hours before serving. Fill shells with chilled pineapple.
4. Top with small scoops of ice (these may be prepared ahead and stored in freezer until ready to use).
5. Drizzle two tablespoons crème de menthe over ice in each shell. Garnish with mint leaves.
6. Serve chilled in the prepared shells.