- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pineapple Flan Recipe
|Canned pineapple slices||450 Gram|
|Vanilla ice cream||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Red jelly||50 Gram|
|Sweetened cream/1 teacup thin custard to serve||200 Gram|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2856 Calories from Fat 1003
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 111 g171.5%
Saturated Fat 67.7 g338.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 580.9 mg
Sodium 1116.4 mg46.5%
Total Carbohydrates 429 g142.9%
Dietary Fiber 9.6 g38.5%
Sugars 351.1 g
Protein 40 g80.7%
Vitamin A 85.4% Vitamin C 86.6%
Calcium 127.9% Iron 26.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Bake in a hot oven at 450Â°F. for 12 to 15 minutes.
3. The cake is ready when it leaves the sides of the tin and is springy to touch.
4. Take out from the oven and leave for 1 minute. Invert the tin over a rack and tap sharply to remove.
5. Cool the flan.
6. Chop the pineapple slices and keep aside the syrup.
7. Sprinkle a little syrup over the flan and allow to soak. Repeat after 10 minutes. Be sure that the flan is moist.
8. Dissolve the jelly in 1 1/2 teacups of boiling water. Set it in a small mould in the refrigerator.
How to serve
When set, dip the mould in hot water for a few seconds. Loosen the sides with a knife and invert into the centre of the flan. Surround the jelly with the ice-cream and chopped pineapple. Decorate with cherries and serve with fresh sweetened cream or thin custard.
Variations: Instead of jelly, pineapple and vanilla ice-cream, fill the flan with any of the following combinations:
(a) Chopped peaches and chocolate ice-cream.
(b) Sliced fresh strawberries and strawberry or vanilla ice-cream.
(c) Sliced fresh mangoes and vanilla ice-cream.
Pineapple Flan (Eggless). Proceed as for pineapple flan using ingredients for eggless sponge cake, page 147 instead of for sponge cake for puddings.