- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pineapple Cookie Dessert Recipe
|Canned pineapple slices||20 Ounce|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Pint|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4084 Calories from Fat 1446
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 163 g250.3%
Saturated Fat 60.1 g300.7%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 422.7 mg
Sodium 1193 mg49.7%
Total Carbohydrates 616 g205.2%
Dietary Fiber 14.9 g59.7%
Sugars 403.9 g
Protein 49 g97.8%
Vitamin A 45.3% Vitamin C 101.1%
Calcium 86.5% Iron 74%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven at 375° F.
2) Drain the pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons of the syrup.
3) Using paper towels, pat the slices dry and keep aside.
4) Combine the shortening and sugar and cream till light and fluffy.
5) Blend in the egg and pineapple syrup.
6) Combine and sift the flour, baking powder, and salt.
7) Add into the shortening mix, and mix till a smooth dough.
8) Wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate.
9) On a lightly-floured board, roll out to 1/4 inch thickness.
10) Using the washed, dried and floured pineapple can, slice ten rounds.
11) Arrange on a baking sheet.
12) Top with the pineapple slices.
13) Generously sprinkle brown sugar over the pineapple.
14) Place in the oven at 375°F and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, till lightly browned around the edges.
15) Add vanilla ice cream over each pineapple-topped slice and serve.