- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pineapple Yam Bake Recipe
|Yams||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled and sliced 1-inch thick (3 Medium Pieces)|
|Yams||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled and sliced 1 inch thick (3 Medium Size)|
|Crushed pineapple in juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), drained|
|Pure maple syrup||4 Tablespoon (3 Tablespoons + 1 Tablespoon)|
|Maple syrup||4 Tablespoon (3 Tablespoons Plus 1 Tablespoon)|
Calories 347 Calories from Fat 4
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.46 g0.71%
Saturated Fat 0.09 g0.46%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 56.8 mg2.4%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g27%
Dietary Fiber 9.6 g38.2%
Sugars 16.7 g
Protein 6 g11.7%
Vitamin A 6.3% Vitamin C 68.2%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 11%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Farhenheit.
2. In a heavy bottom pan or casserole, bring water to boil and add yams. Allow yam to cook for 25-30 minutes till soft and tender.
3. Drain excess water and mash the yam into a smooth consistency.
4. Add the crushed and drained pineappe as well as 3 tablespoons of maple syrup to the mashed yam. Mix and incorporate well.
5. Add the Pineapple-yam mixture to a non-stick baking square (8 inches) or a round cake pan (9 inch diameter).
6. In a medium bowl, using s handheld electric whisk, beat the egg whites into soft peaks. Add 1 tablespoon of maple syrup and beat until still.
7. Using a spatula, evenly spread the egg white-maple mixture on top of the yam mixture until a golden coat is formed on top.
8. Bake in the oven at 400 Degrees Farenheit for 8-10 minuites.
9. Serve as a tea time dessert over a hot pot of tea or coffee