- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pineapple Veal Recipe
|Fresh pineapple/8-ounce can pineapple pieces, drained, with syrup reserved||1 Small, peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch chunks|
|Veal stew meat||1 1⁄2 Pound, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1 , seeded and thinly sliced|
|Canned red pimento||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
Calories 652 Calories from Fat 326
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.8%
Saturated Fat 9.2 g46.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 134.4 mg
Sodium 532.6 mg22.2%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.9%
Sugars 20.8 g
Protein 49 g97.1%
Vitamin A 22% Vitamin C 227.9%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 20.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a large flameproof casserole or Dutch oven and heat oil in it.
2) Sauté the onion gently in it for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until translucent, but not colored.
3) Slightly increase the flame.
4) Toss the veal cubes in the oil in the casserole to cover them completely and heat for about 5 minutes.
5) Take off the mixture from the flame and stir in the flour and mix well.
6) Add 2 cups of chicken broth and vinegar to this if fresh pineapple is used (Else add 1 1/4 cups chicken broth and vinegar to the syrup if canned pineapple is preferred).
7) Put the casserole to the heat and stir boil the mixture.
8) Lower the flame and cover the lid of casserole and simmer for about 1 hour, stirring it only when needed.
9) Continue cooking for a further 25 minutes by adding green pepper.
10) Further mix pineapple pieces and pimentos to the casserole.
11) Season and cook for another 15 minutes.
12) Serve hot directly from the casserole.