- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cherry Topping Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned pineapple slices||8 1⁄4 Ounce|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), unsifted|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Pineapple||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 794 Calories from Fat 341
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.5%
Saturated Fat 14.1 g70.4%
Trans Fat 3.4 g
Cholesterol 83.1 mg
Sodium 465.9 mg19.4%
Total Carbohydrates 109 g36.5%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 77.2 g
Protein 6 g11.7%
Vitamin A 8.5% Vitamin C 26.4%
Calcium 20.6% Iron 13.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Drain the pineapple slices, reserving the syrup.
2. Place them on paper towels.
3. In an 8-inch round microwave baking dish place butter and melt in microwave for 1 minute
4. Sprinkle sugar over butter.
5. Arrange drained pineapple slices, slightly overlapping them in the dish.
6. Arrange cherries in an attractive manner.
7. In medium mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
8. Use an electric mixer to beat on low speed, scraping bowl constantly, until batter is smooth .
9. Pour batter into dish over the fruit and lightly spread, evenly.
10. Cook in the microwave for about 11 minutes. A skewer should come out clean when inserted in center of the cake.
11. Invert dish onto plate, and let dish stand over cake a few minutes.
12. Remove the dish after giving a sharp tap.
13. Slice and serve warm.