- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vanilla Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe
|Butter||3 Tablespoon, melted|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pineapple||1 Can (10 oz), drained|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3950 Calories from Fat 1384
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 157 g240.9%
Saturated Fat 55.3 g276.5%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 536.7 mg
Sodium 2045.4 mg85.2%
Total Carbohydrates 615 g204.9%
Dietary Fiber 9.1 g36.2%
Sugars 457.9 g
Protein 40 g79.2%
Vitamin A 39% Vitamin C 225.9%
Calcium 124.8% Iron 79.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pre-heat oven by setting it to 350°F
2) Take a cast iron skillet, 10 inch in size and melt butter in it.
3) Add brown sugar to butter spreading it evenly.
4) Arrange the pineapple over sugar.
5) Take a bowl and mix shortening and sugar together until it turns fluffy and light.
6) Add it to the pineapple slices with the help of a spoon.
7) Place it in pineapple shells with the aid of a spoon.
8) Bake in a pre-heated oven for 50-55 minutes or until the cake is done.
9) Cool for 5 minutes.
10) Invert it on plates and serve.