- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vanilla Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pineapple slices||8 , drained|
|Sifted cake flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3926 Calories from Fat 1613
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 188 g288.5%
Saturated Fat 60.6 g303.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1039.4 mg
Sodium 1189.1 mg49.5%
Total Carbohydrates 547 g182.2%
Dietary Fiber 16.3 g65.3%
Sugars 431.6 g
Protein 48 g96.2%
Vitamin A 65.9% Vitamin C 36.7%
Calcium 60.7% Iron 92.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Start oven, set at Moderate, 325° F.
3. Sift the flour with the baking powder.
4. Beat the egg yolks until light, add the cooled, melted 1 tablespoon of butter or margarine and the vanilla and mix.
5. Sift the sugar. Beat the egg whites with the salt until stiff. Gradually add the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, to the beaten egg whites, beating well after each addition. Fold in the egg yolk mixture; then fold in the sifted flour, about 4 tablespoons at a time, and mix well. Pour the batter over the pineapple.
6. Bake about 30 minutes. With a broad knife loosen the cake from the sides and bottom of the skillet and turn out onto a serving platter. Let the skillet rest on the cake for 1 minute so that the syrup will drain onto the cake.