- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pineapple Sundaes Recipe
|Canned pineapple pieces||16 Ounce, well drained (1 Can)|
|Rum||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Pint, softened|
|Whipping cream||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Unsweetened shredded coconut||2 Tablespoon|
|Maraschino cherries||4 , drained|
|Semi sweet chocolate||1⁄2 Ounce, grated|
Calories 575 Calories from Fat 288
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.8%
Saturated Fat 21.9 g109.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 108 mg
Sodium 110.6 mg4.6%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.3%
Sugars 49.1 g
Protein 5 g10.2%
Vitamin A 10.2% Vitamin C 1.4%
Calcium 18.1% Iron 2.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take half the pineapple pieces and chop.
2) Take a bowl and put the chopped pieces with half portion of the rum.
3) Take another bowl and put rest of the pineapple pieces in it and stir in the remaining rum.
4) Use a plastic wrap to cover both the bowls and chill for 1 hour.
5) Drain off the chopped pineapples and save the juice.
6) Use a fork to quickly mix the chopped pieces into the softened ice cream.
7) Take 4 tall glasses and divide the mixture among them.
8) Freeze for at least 4-5 hours until firm.
9) Whisk the cream until they stay upright.
10) Add in the saved pineapple juice and coconut.
11) Take off the glasses from the freezer and then quickly top the remaining pineapple pieces on the ice cream, including any liquid.
12) Add coconut cream, a maraschino cherry and a little grated chocolate on the top of each glass and serve immediately.