- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pineapple Sponge Roll Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2 Stick)|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Canned crushed pineapple||14 Ounce, well drained (1 Can)|
|Sifted cake flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|10x confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Whipped cream||2 Tablespoon (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
Calories 734 Calories from Fat 159
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.7%
Saturated Fat 10.1 g50.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 199.6 mg
Sodium 288.6 mg12%
Total Carbohydrates 137 g45.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.1%
Sugars 110.6 g
Protein 8 g15.3%
Vitamin A 10.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 16% Iron 19%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt onto a piece of wax paper.
3. Beat eggs in a medium-size bowl, until foamy; slowly beat in granulated sugar until mixture is thick and fluffy. Stir in water and vanilla.
4. Fold in flour mixture until no streaks of white remain. Spread over pineapple mixture in pan.
5. Bake in moderate oven (375°) 12 minutes, or until center of cake springs back when lightly pressed with fingertip.
6. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack several minutes, then loosen around edges with a knife; invert onto a towel sprinkled with 10X sugar. Starting at one end, roll up, jelly roll fashion; cool. Cut in slices; serve warm or cold with whipped cream.