- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pineapple Sponge Recipe
|Plain flour||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|For the filling|
|Sherry||1 Teaspoon (Leveled) (Little Required)|
|Canned crushed pineapple||1 Pound (1 Tin, 450 Gram)|
|Prunes||6 , soaked overnight|
|Castor sugar||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Arrowroot||1 Teaspoon (Slightly Rounded Teaspoon)|
Calories 206 Calories from Fat 25
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.3%
Saturated Fat 0.86 g4.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.7 mg
Sodium 40.3 mg1.7%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.3%
Sugars 20.3 g
Protein 5 g9.6%
Vitamin A 3.4% Vitamin C 0.1%
Calcium 1.8% Iron 3.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Grease a 8-inch (20-cm) sponge flan tin with butter.
2) Preheat oven hot to 350°F, 180°C or Gas No. 4.
3) Dust the sponge flan tin with flour and castor sugar.
4) On a square of greaseproof paper sift flour. Keep aside.
5) In a basin add eggs and mix with sugar.
6) Fill a saucepan half with hot water and put the basin over it.
7) Whisk the mixture until thick.
8) Take off from heat and mix again.
9) Sift flour over it and with a metal spoon fold gently.
10) Fill into prepared sponge flan tin and spread evenly.
11) Keep in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
12) Let stand for 5 minutes, loosen the sides and turn out.
13) Let stand until cool.
14) Sprinkle little sherry at eth base of the pan.
15) Drain the pineapple from the tin. Keep aside the juice.
16) Put pineapple over the sponge flan.
17) Simmer soaked prunes in the soaked liquid until tender.
18) Drain and remove the stones.
19) Place prunes around the edge of sponge flan.
20) In a saucepan measure pineapple juice about 1/4 pint (1 1/2 dl).
21) Mix sugar and arrowroot, stir in little water to make a smooth paste.
22) Place over low heat until syrup boils and thickens.
23) Spoon over the surface of the sponge flan.
24) Let stand until cold, cut in wedges and serve with cream.
25) Alternately fill the flan ring with strawberries or raspberries and glazed for a summer dessert.