- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pineapple Pecan Crown Cake Recipe
|Orange chiffon cake mix||6 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Pecan halves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pineapple||1 Can (10 oz), crushed|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 347 Calories from Fat 76
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.6%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 208.3 mg8.7%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.8%
Sugars 53.5 g
Protein 3 g5.2%
Vitamin A 0.7% Vitamin C 37.8%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 3.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Lightly butter inside of a 10-cup tube mould or pan.
3) In a bowl, prepare cake batter using the cake mix, following the label directions and set aside.
4) Spread the pecans in the bottom tube mould.
5) In a small bowl, mix together pineapple and brown sugar.
6) Crush and press against the sides of pan with spatula.
7) Transfer the cake batter into pan.
8) Bake in the oven 50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
9) Cool in pan on wire racks for 15 minutes.
10) Using a spatula loosen the cake around the top and edges using a spatula.
11) Turn out immediately upside down onto a serving plate and lift off the pan.
12) Cut the cake into wedges and serve warm.