- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pineapple Mallow Recipe
|Chocolate crumb crust||1|
|Evaporated milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Pineapple juice||5 Tablespoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Crushed pineapple||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), well drained|
|Evaporated milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), chilled icy cold|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2154 Calories from Fat 788
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 88 g135.5%
Saturated Fat 41.4 g206.8%
Trans Fat 11.3 g
Cholesterol 176.4 mg
Sodium 886.4 mg36.9%
Total Carbohydrates 333 g111%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.5%
Sugars 245.7 g
Protein 33 g65%
Vitamin A 21.3% Vitamin C 138.1%
Calcium 74% Iron 20.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Use chocolate wafers to prepare a crumb crust.
2) In top of a double boiler, place marshmallows and the 1/3 cup evaporated milk.
3) Heat the water to boil and wait for melting the marshmallows.
4) Remove from heat and allow cooling.
5) When the mixture cools, add lemon and pineapple juices, lemon rind and crushed pineapple.
6) Whip in evaporated milk to the thick and cooled mixture until very stiff.
7) In the bottom of a 9-inch square pan, put 2/3 of the chocolate crumbs.
8) Pour in the mixture and place the remaining crumbs on top.
9) Place inside refrigerator to chill for 1 1/2 hours to set.
10) Serve the mallow with ice cream, if you wish.