- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pineapple Mallow Recipe
|Graham crackers||3 Cup (48 tbs), finley crushed|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Butter/Margarine melted butter, for greasing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Marshmallows||4 Cup (64 tbs), chopped|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Crushed pineapple||13 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Canned crushed pineapple||13 Ounce, thoroughly drained, with syrup reserved|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
Calories 1015 Calories from Fat 357
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g62.4%
Saturated Fat 23.6 g118.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 112.3 mg
Sodium 435.5 mg18.1%
Total Carbohydrates 155 g51.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.7%
Sugars 96.6 g
Protein 8 g15.8%
Vitamin A 14.1% Vitamin C 8.1%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a greased deep loose-bottomed 9-inch springform cake pan.
2) Mix graham cracker crumbs and melted butter together and then layer uniformly over the bottom of the prepared cake pan.
4) In the meantime, take a heavy-based saucepan and place marshmallow pieces, wine and pineapple syrup in it to start preparing the filling.
5) Stir over low flame until marshmallows have melted and then keep aside.
6) Take 1/2 cup water in the top pan of a double boiler and sprinkle the gelatin over it.
7) Drench for 5 minutes until spongy, then place pan for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally over gently boiling water to dissolve the gelatin.
8) Mix the gelatin into marshmallow mixture.
9) Transfer this into a large bowl.
10) Set aside for 20 minutes, until thickened but not set.
11) Whisk the cream until it stay upright and then mix with the marshmallow mixture.
12) Cover and allow refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
13) Carefully spoon the crushed pineapple over the top after pouring half the mixture into the prepared pan.
14) Layer the left over mixture over the pineapple.
15) Cover and refrigerate until set for at least 8 hours.
16) Take a serving plate and remove sides of pan and place the dessert on it.
17) Use pineapple and sprigs of mint dipped into sugar, applied with lightly beaten egg white, dried on a wire rack to decorate.
18) Serve chilled.