- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pineapple Grilled Pork Chops With Fresh Mango Salsa Recipe Video
|Pork loin chops||2 Pound (Canadian chops-6)|
|Pineapple juice||1 Can (10 oz), thawed|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Fresh basil||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Mango||1 , peeled, chopped|
|Sweet red pepper||1⁄2 , chopped|
|Cucumber||1 Medium, peeled, seeded, diced|
|Fresh parsley/Cilantro||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Jalapeno||1 Teaspoon, minced (Optional)|
Calories 478 Calories from Fat 189
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.3%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.4%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 156.5 mg
Sodium 633.1 mg26.4%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.2%
Sugars 16.1 g
Protein 49 g97.5%
Vitamin A 52.1% Vitamin C 151%
Calcium 10.2% Iron 17.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For marinade, in a bowl, add pineapple juice, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Whisk.
2. In a plastic ziploc bag, place pork chops and pour marinade in it. Seal , mix well, and pop it in refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight. Rotate the bag occasionally.
3. Remove chops from marinade, and place it on a plate.
4. Into a sauce pan, pour marinade, place it on high heat and bring it to boil for 1 minute.
5. Place chops on grill, cover, and cook for about 6 minutes per side or until pork pieces are slightly pink inside.
6. Using a brush baste pork chops frequently with boiled marinade.
7. For salsa, in a mixing bowl, combine mango, red pepper, cucumber, parsley, lime juice, and jalapeno. Mix well. Place it in refrigerator until serving time.
8. Serve pork chop hot with mango salsa.
Perfectly cooked chops should have an internal temperature of 155 degree.