- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Classic Pineapple Fried Rice with Tofu Recipe Video
|Rice||3 Cup (48 tbs), cold, cooked (1 cup of uncooked rice will yield 3 cups of cooked rice)|
|Green onions||2 Tablespoon, chopped (for optional garnish)|
|Lime wedges||4 Medium (for optional garnish)|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
|Peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), frozen|
|Fresh pineapple chunks||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Carrot||1 Medium, diced|
|Shallot||1 Large, diced (about ¼ cup)|
|Eggs||2 Medium, beaten (omit for vegan version)|
|Firm tofu||8 Ounce, rinsed, patted dry with a paper towel and cut into 1 inch chunks|
|Peanut oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Red chili sauce||2 Tablespoon (for optional garnish)|
Calories 1538 Calories from Fat 329
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g57.8%
Saturated Fat 7 g35.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 186.1 mg
Sodium 1149.3 mg47.9%
Total Carbohydrates 258 g86%
Dietary Fiber 11 g44%
Sugars 17.2 g
Protein 41 g82.1%
Vitamin A 128.4% Vitamin C 147.3%
Calcium 38.8% Iron 39.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cook rice according to package directions and then chill.
2. In wok or large skillet heat 2 tablespoons oil on high heat.
3. Add tofu, brown on all sides, using tongs to turn and remove from wok.
4. Add eggs to wok, scramble until cooked and remove them.
5. Add remaining tablespoon oil to wok along with shallot, carrot, ginger and garlic.
6. Stir-fry veggies for 2 minutes maintaining heat high and keeping veggies moving around the wok.
7. Add rice and stir-fry another 2 to 3 minutes, pressing rice into the wok to brown.
8. Return tofu and eggs to wok, along with pineapple and peas.
9. Stir-fry another minute, then drizzle with tamari and a generous dose of freshly ground black pepper.
10. Remove fried rice from heat and serve on a large serving platter with your choice of garnishes.