- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pineapple Fried Rice- II Recipe Video
|Steamed basmati rice||4 Cup (64 tbs), cooled|
|Chicken breast||250 Gram, thinly sliced|
|Pineapple||1 Medium, diced|
|Yellow bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Green peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), chopped finely|
|Black pepper powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Achuete||1 Teaspoon (Annatto powder/ red natural food coloring)|
|Broth cube||1 Medium (classic flavor)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
Calories 351 Calories from Fat 82
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.5%
Saturated Fat 0.89 g4.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18.2 mg
Sodium 677.3 mg28.2%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18%
Dietary Fiber 9.9 g39.7%
Sugars 13.9 g
Protein 15 g29.7%
Vitamin A 35.1% Vitamin C 143.4%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare the ingredients as mentioned in the list.
2. Season the chicken with the soy sauce and black pepper powder.
3. Cut the pineapple into half. Scoop out the center of the pineapple half and save it for serving.
4. Heat a pan over a high heat; add 2 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil, Annatto powder and half of the bouillon cube.
5. Once the bouillon cube has melted, add the cold rice and toss thoroughly.
6. Set aside the rice and heat a large non stick frying pan, add 2 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil and fry the onions for 2 minute.
7. Add the garlic, stir for 1 minute and then add the chicken, cook this mixture for about 6 to 7 minute.
8. Add the celery, carrots, pineapple, the remaining bouillon cube and stir occasionally until the juice of the pineapple has reduced.
9. Add the green peas, bell pepper and cook for additional 2 minute then add in back the rice.
10. Mix well; add the parsley just leaving some for top dish decoration.
11. Take the hollowed pineapple half and serve the fried rice in it, hot.