- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pineapple Eggnog Recipe
|Pineapple juice||46 Ounce (Canned)|
|Whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Divided)|
Calories 470 Calories from Fat 225
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.5%
Saturated Fat 14.8 g74.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 294.3 mg
Sodium 89.8 mg3.7%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.33 g1.3%
Sugars 44.9 g
Protein 7 g13.8%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 119%
Calcium 8.1% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small Dutch oven, add the pineapple juice and bring to a boil.
2. Take away from heat; gradually add cream, stirring constantly.
3, In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks until thick and lemon colored; slowly add 1/2 cup sugar, whisk well.
4. Gradually stir about one-fourth of hot pineapple mixture into yolks; add to remaining hot mixture, stirring constantly. Be careful, else the eggs will cook and become a custard.
5. With a lid, cover and chill at least 1 hour.
6. In a bowl, beat egg whites (at room temperature) until foamy.
7. Slowly, add remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form.
8. Fold the egg white mixture into pineapple mixture.
9. Serve in tall mugs.