- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pineapple Cream Recipe
|Canned pineapple slices||8 Ounce, drained and chopped, with juice reserved|
|Orange juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped preserved ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 395 Calories from Fat 229
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40%
Saturated Fat 15 g75%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 240.8 mg
Sodium 87.9 mg3.7%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11%
Dietary Fiber 0.57 g2.3%
Sugars 29.5 g
Protein 9 g19%
Vitamin A 23.2% Vitamin C 49%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 4.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Dilute the pineapple juice to 1 1/4 cups with orange juice.
2) Pour 3 tablespoons of this into the top of a double boiler; add the gelatin and keep aside to soak.
3) In the meantime, separate 2 eggs.
4) Take a large bowl and put the egg yolks, the left over whole egg and sugar into it.
5) Beat the mixture using an electric beater until the mixture attains the consistency of leaving a trail for 3 seconds when the beaters are lifted.
6) Gently simmer water and put the pan containing gelatin and fruit juice over it and leave for 1-2 minutes, stirring only when needed, until the gelatin is dissolved.
7) Mix the gelatin and fruit juice mixture into the egg mixture.
8) Continue with adding the remaining mixed fruit juice.
9) Keep aside to set in a cool place for about 15 minutes.
10) Beat the egg whites using clean beaters until standing in stiff peaks.
11) Stir in the egg whites into the gelatin mixture.
12) Add the pineapple and the ginger into the gelatin mixture after saving some pineapple slices for decoration.
13) Split between 4 glass bowls in such a way that the pineapple is evenly distributed.
14) Refrigerate for 1 hour by covering until set.
15) Whisk the cream until it is foamy.
16) Spoon this over each serving.
17) Use the reserved pineapple to decorate.