- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pineapple Cream Filling Recipe
|Canned crushed pineapple||13 1⁄4 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cold milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , well beaten|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 208 Calories from Fat 44
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.6%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g10.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 113.3 mg
Sodium 106 mg4.4%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g11.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.67 g2.7%
Sugars 30.3 g
Protein 6 g11.4%
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C
Calcium 9.9% Iron 2.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Scald 1 1/2 cups milk in top of double boiler.
3. Meanwhile, combine in saucepan sugar, cornstarch and salt.
4. Add 1/2 cup cold milk stirring well.
5. Gradually stir in scalded milk.
6. Wash double boiler top to remove scum.
7. Stirring gently and constantly, bring starch mixture rapidly to boiling over direct heat and cook for 3 min. Pour mixture into double boiler top and place over simmering water. Cover and cook 10 to 12 min., stirring three or four times. Remove cover and vigorously stir about 3 tablespoons hot mixture into eggs.
8. Immediately blend into mixture in double boiler. Cook over simmering water 3 to 5 min. Stir slowly to keep mixture cooking evenly. Remove from heat. Cover and cool.
9. Stir in crushed pineapple and vanilla extract.
10. Chill in refrigerator until ready to use.