- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pineapple Coleslaw Recipe
|White cabbage||1⁄2 Small (Summer)|
|Summer cabbage||1⁄2 Small (White Variety)|
|Seedless green grapes||1⁄2 Pound (225 Gram)|
|Oil and vinegar dressing||5 Tablespoon (Prepared)|
|Single cream||4 Tablespoon|
Calories 317 Calories from Fat 181
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.4%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 17.9 mg
Sodium 66.7 mg2.8%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g15%
Sugars 27 g
Protein 2 g4.3%
Vitamin A 5.4% Vitamin C 168.9%
Calcium 5.5% Iron 4.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Remove the outer, bruised leaves from the cabbage.
2) Halve the cabbage and them quarter. Remove the hard stalk.
3) Shred the cabbage finely.
4) Rinse cabbage with salted water.
5) Drain thoroughly.
6) Remove grapes from stem and wash thoroughly.
7) Halve the grapes.
8) Slice leafy top and base from pineapple.
9) Cut across downwards around the sides to remove the outer peel.
10) Discard the eyes and slice the pineapple.
11) Remove the hard core and shred the pineapple.
12) Put cabbage and grapes in salad bowl.
13) Add pineapple to the bowl and mix.
14) Pour oil and vinegar dressing over prepared ingredients.
15) Toss the salad.
16) Add cream to thin mayonnaise and pour over the salad.
17) Toss the mixture again.
18) Serve immediately.
19) Pass with grilled fish, poultry, roast pork, grilled steak or chops.
Mix the salad in a mixing basin.