- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pineapple and Chicken Stir Fry Recipe Video
|Boneless skinless chicken breast||1 Pound, cut into 1-inch cubes|
|Fish sauce||1 Tablespoon (Thai kitchen premium fish sauce)|
|Oil||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Bell peppers||2 Cup (32 tbs), cut into 1/2-inch pieces (assorted colors)|
|Fresh pineapple chunks||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pineapple & chili sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Thai Kitchen pineapple & chili sauce)|
|Jasmine rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked, drained|
Calories 960 Calories from Fat 162
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.1%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 131.5 mg
Sodium 1110.7 mg46.3%
Total Carbohydrates 133 g44.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.4%
Sugars 15.7 g
Protein 61 g122.8%
Vitamin A 15.9% Vitamin C 295.4%
Calcium 10.8% Iron 14.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium sized bowl, combine chicken pieces, fish sauce, and cornstarch. Toss to coat well. Set aside.
2. Place a large non-stick skillet on medium high flame, and heat 1 tablespoon of oil in it.
3. Drop garlic, and ginger. Saute for 30 seconds.
4. Throw bell peppers, and pineapple. Stir fry for 3-5 minutes or until tender-crisp.
5. Pour pineapple & chili sauce. Stir, and cook until heated through. Into a bowl, transfer stir-fried pepper.
6. In the same skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Drop chicken and cook for 5 minutes or until done.
7. Return bell pepper mixture into to the skillet. Stir, and cook until well incorporated.
8. Garnish with cilantro, and serve stir fried chicken over hot rice or noodles.
Use 4 tablespoons of rice flour instead of cornstarch, if you are planning to freeze the leftover chicken for next day.