- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pineapple Cheese Pie Recipe
|Canned crushed pineapple||20 Ounce (1 No 2 Can)|
|Cold water||2 Teaspoon|
|Creamy cottage cheese||1⁄2 Pound|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|9 inch unbaked pie shell||1|
Calories 576 Calories from Fat 210
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.7%
Saturated Fat 12.9 g64.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 101.8 mg
Sodium 317.6 mg13.2%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.1%
Sugars 52.1 g
Protein 10 g19.1%
Vitamin A 6.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 4.5% Iron 4.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 450° F.
2. In a saucepan cook crushed pineapple at low heat for about 5 minutes.
3. In a bowl combine water and cornstarch and fold in pineapple to it. Cook this mixture until it turns clear. When done remove from heat and cool it.
4. In a bowl add cheese, butter, and sugar and beat them well until light and fluffy.
5. Add eggs in a gradual steps and blend it by beating after each addition.
6. Alternatively add flour to the mixture along with milk and vanilla.
7. Spoon pineapple mixture into unbaked pie shell and top it with cheese mixture.
5. Bake the mixture for 10 minutes at 450° F and bake for another 30 minutes by reducing the temperature to 350° F.
6. Serve the pie after teaming it with coffee.