- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pineapple Bread Recipe
|Melted butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Crushed pineapple with juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped walnuts/Chopped pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 562 Calories from Fat 202
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.2%
Saturated Fat 10.3 g51.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 109.2 mg
Sodium 583.7 mg24.3%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g26.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g11%
Sugars 38.8 g
Protein 9 g18.5%
Vitamin A 10.6% Vitamin C 7.3%
Calcium 21.2% Iron 18.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF (180°C).
2. Apply butter or margarine on a 9x5x3 inch (23 x 12 x 7 cm) loaf pan.
3. Take a mixing bowl, using a hand blender blend egg, butter and sugar. Then add pineapple and vanilla. Mix well.
4. In a second bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and nuts. Mix well.
5. Transfer all the dry mixture at once into pineapple mixture. Mix all together until just moistened.
6. Pour into loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes.
7. Check the doneness with a toothpick. Cool for 10 minutes. Take away from pan to finish cooling on rack.
8. Make slices and serve. Or wrap and store.