- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pineapple Blintzes Recipe
|Nonfat vanilla yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pineapple||1 Cup (16 tbs), well drained, crushed|
|Skim milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 113 Calories from Fat 4
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.44 g0.68%
Saturated Fat 0.15 g0.75%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.9 mg
Sodium 120.7 mg5%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.9%
Sugars 12.4 g
Protein 7 g14.9%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C 23.5%
Calcium 17.2% Iron 3.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Put the yogurt in a sieve lined with cheesecloth or yogurt cheese funnel.
2. Place over a bowl and keep it aside for 20 minutes to drain properly.
3. Place in a bowl and fold in the pineapple.
4. In the mean time, whish egg whites until frothy.
5. Beat in the milk and honey.
6. Stir in the flour and baking powder. Mix properly.
7. Take a non-stick frying pan and coat with non-stick spray.
8. Place over medium heat and let it warm for some time.
9. Stir in 1/4 cup batter and tilt the pan in every direction to spread the batter all over.
10. Cook for 1 minute or until browned on the underside.
11. Carefully flip and brown from both sides for 30 seconds. Turn the blintz out onto a wire rack.
12. Repeat the process until the whole batter is used. Make about 12 blintzes.
13. Divide the pineapple filling into the blintzes while spooning it down the center of each.
14. Fold in the sides and serve in a serving dish.