- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pineapple Bavarian Cream Recipe
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Package)|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned crushed pineapple||20 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Whipped dry skim milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Calories 159 Calories from Fat 2
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.29 g0.45%
Saturated Fat 0.02 g0.08%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.4 mg
Sodium 137.6 mg5.7%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.3%
Sugars 30.4 g
Protein 6 g12.1%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 94.1%
Calcium 1.8% Iron 2.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small sauce pan, mix the gelatin with cold water.
2. Melt the gelatin over boiling water. Do not melt on direct flame.
3. Stain the pineapple from the can and reserve one cup of the syrup. Add a little water to the syrup if falling short of 1 cup measure.
4. Grease a 1 quarter Bavarian mold or 6 individual jelly molds.
5. Use a large glass bowl.
6. Combine the honey and salt in the bowl
7. Pour reserved 1 cup pineapple syrup into the honey.
8. Add the melted gelatin to the syrup and stir well to blend all ingredients.
9. Chill the mixture in the refrigerator till it is thick and beginning to set.
10. Remove the half set mixture from the refrigerator and beat it with an electric beater till it is thick and frothy.
11. Using a spatula, gently fold in the whipped milk and drained pineapple pieces into the gelatin mixture.
12. Pour the Pineapple Bavarian cream into the greased mold and chill in the refrigerator until firm and set.
13. To serve, unmold the Bavarian onto a dessert plate but loosing the sides slightly or by dipping the mold in warm water for a few seconds.
14. Decorate with sliced strawberries and cream if desired.