- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pineapple and Watercress Salad Recipe
|Watercress||1 Bunch (100 gm), trimmed|
|Coarsely chopped walnuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|White wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
Calories 245 Calories from Fat 125
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.7%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 110.1 mg4.6%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.4%
Sugars 23.8 g
Protein 3 g6%
Vitamin A 18% Vitamin C 157.6%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Among 4 salad plates divide watercress.
2. Make 8 slices out of the pineapple, peel them, cut each peeled slice in half and remove core.
3. On each plate arrange 4 pineapple pieces and sprinkle with chopped nuts.
4. For making the dressing, in a small bowl, add honey, olive oil and vinegar season with salt and pepper and beat with a whisk such that blended.
5. To serve, pour dressing over salads.