- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pineapple and Brown Sugar Glazed Ham Recipe
|Cooked boneless ham||3 Pound|
|Canned sliced pineapple||16 1⁄2 Ounce, drained and juice reserved (2 Cans Of 8 1/4 Ounce Each)|
|Packed brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Prepared mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Maraschino cherries||4 (For Garnish)|
Calories 320 Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 124.2 mg
Sodium 1982.4 mg82.6%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.89 g3.5%
Sugars 15 g
Protein 32 g64.5%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 77%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 8.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. With a sharp tipped knife, make Â¼ inch deep diagonal cuts on the surface of the ham.
2. Stud cloves in between each diamond shape that is formed with the slashes.
3. Place the ham in a microwave friendly cooking bag and place it in a large microwaveable dish.
4. Measure 2-cups of pineapple juice into a microwaveable bowl, adding water if required.
5. Stir in brown sugar, mustard and ginger.
6. Heat the syrup mixture in the microwave at HIGH for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
7. Remove and stir until sugar dissolves.
8. Pour syrup over ham in bag shaking so that the ham is coated from all sides.
9. With string, twister or piece of plastic, tie the bag loosely and pierce with a knife in 2-3 places to allow steam to escape.
10. Place in the microwave and set the power at 5
11. Cook the meat for about 30 minutes.
12. Turn over the ham and cook for another 30 minutes, until the ham is heated all the way to the center and the syrup has turned to a rich glaze.
13. Allow the ham to stand for 15 minutes to absorb the flavors.
14. Remove the ham from the cooking bag and arrange on a serving platter
15. Pour the syrup from the bag over the ham.
16. Garnish the platter with pineapple slices, placing cherries in the center of the pineapple rings.
17. Slice using a carving knife and fork, at the table.