- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pilau Rice Recipe
|Onion||1 Small, peeled and finely chopped|
|Brown rice||6 Ounce|
|Crushed garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Chopped pepper||1⁄2 Ounce (red or green ones)|
|Cashew nut||1⁄2 Ounce|
|Sliced mushrooms||1⁄2 Ounce|
|Vegetable stock||1 1⁄2 Pint (hot)|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
Calories 357 Calories from Fat 99
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.6%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g27.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.3 mg
Sodium 561.5 mg23.4%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.2%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 7 g13.4%
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 15.7%
Calcium 4% Iron 10.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a 3-pint casserole, put the butter or margarine along with the onion.
2) On high power, cook for 3 minutes or until the onion becomes shiny. Remember to stir occasionally in between.
3) To this, add the rice and cook for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
4) Then add the remaining ingredients except salt.
5) On high power, cook covered for 35 to 40 minutes, stirring once in between.
6) Stir again and let stand, covered for 10 minutes. If the rice is not done, then add more water and cook for some more time.
7) Finally, add salt to taste.
8) Serve Pilau Rice hot with chicken curry and a raita.