- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pilaf and Curried Chicken Salad Recipe
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Long grain white rice||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (Uncooked)|
|Water/Chicken stock||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Dried apricots||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Cinnamon stick/A pinch of ground cinnamon||1|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Oil vinegar dressing/Prepared dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooked chicken||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
Calories 517 Calories from Fat 221
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g39%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 33.2 mg
Sodium 112.6 mg4.7%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g20.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.8%
Sugars 13.8 g
Protein 17 g33%
Vitamin A 9.9% Vitamin C 6.4%
Calcium 5.5% Iron 10.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Heat oil in a large saucepan, add onion and sauté for 5 minutes.
2) Stir in rice and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
3) Add water or stock.
4) Mix raisins, apricots, walnuts, cinnamon, bay leaf, salt, and pepper.
5) Boil the mixture. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes until rice is cooked and water evaporated.
6) Remove cinnamon stick and bay leaf.
7) Add dressing and mix with pilaf mixture.
8) Press pilaf mixture into a 1-quart ring mold.
9) Cover and refrigerate until chilled or up to 24 hours.
10) In a medium bowl, add chicken and Curry Dressing.
11) Cover and refrigerate until chilled or up to 24 hours.
12) To serve, on a large serving plate reverse the pilaf ring and remove mold.
13) Fill the center of ring with curried chicken.
14) Sprinkle with paprika.