- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Long grain rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Uncooked vermicelli||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), broken into i-2 inch pieces|
|Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
Calories 574 Calories from Fat 200
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.5%
Saturated Fat 4 g20%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1247 mg52%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.33 g1.3%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 9 g17.3%
Vitamin A 19.4% Vitamin C 0.05%
Calcium 0.9% Iron 5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a frying pan, heat margarine.
2) Brown the broken vermicelli in margarine until golden brown.
3) Add 2 cups of rice to the browned vermicelli and stir lightly until the rice is crisp.
4) Add salt, and pour in the hot chicken broth.
5) Cover and steam over low heat for about 30 minutes.
6) To give a middle eastern flavor, sprinkle cinnamon on top before serving.