- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pierogi Recipe Video
|Potatoes||4 Medium, peeled, cubed|
|Shittake mushrooms||2 Dozen, chopped|
|Unsalted butter stick||3⁄4 , divided|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Optional)|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄3 Cup (37.33 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Feta cheese||1 Tablespoon, crumbled|
|Melted butter||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
Calories 704 Calories from Fat 225
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.3%
Saturated Fat 14.9 g74.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 165.5 mg
Sodium 108.3 mg4.5%
Total Carbohydrates 106 g35.2%
Dietary Fiber 8.2 g32.7%
Sugars 7.5 g
Protein 18 g35.2%
Vitamin A 15.9% Vitamin C 57.4%
Calcium 10.5% Iron 31.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. PASTA DOUGH: In a bowl, add flour, eggs, salt and water. Mix well and knead into soft dough. Let it sit for around 45 minutes.
2. MASHED POTATO: In a pot bring water to a boil on medium heat. Put the potatoes and cook till they are soft. Drain them into a colander or strainer.
3. Return the potatoes to the pot. Add ½ stick of butter to the potatoes and mash them together till smooth.
4. FILLING: In a skillet on medium heat, melt ¼ stick of butter. Add the mushrooms and saute them till soft for around 10 minutes.
5. Transfer them into a bowl and add the mashed potatoes. Mix well till combined. Set aside.
6. PIEROGI: Take a portion of the dough and roll it into thin sheets as desired. Using a cutter or glass, cut out neat circles. Repeat this with the remaining dough.
7. Take each circle of dough and wet the edges. Put a small amount of filling on one half and fold it to form a crescent. Seal the edges by pressing them.
8. Bring a pot of water to boil. Place the peirogi into the pot and cook them till they begin to float.
9. Transfer them onto a plate. Let them cool a little before serving.
10. In a serving plate, serve the pierogis warm garnished with feta cheese and melted butter.