- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pie Crust Made From Scratch Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Cold butter stick||1 , chopped in pieces|
|Butter flavored shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cold|
|Ice cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (add more by the tablespoon if the dough is too dry)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2970 Calories from Fat 1737
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 197 g303.4%
Saturated Fat 84.1 g420.7%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 243 mg
Sodium 1964.3 mg81.8%
Total Carbohydrates 269 g89.5%
Dietary Fiber 8.4 g33.8%
Sugars 30.9 g
Protein 33 g66.5%
Vitamin A 56.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 8% Iron 81.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt. Whisk until combined.
2. Cut in the butter and shortening until the mixture resembles large crumbs.
3. Add in cold water, stir gently just until combined.
4. Gently shape the dough into a flattened disc. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
5. Divide the dough into two balls. Roll the dough out onto a floured surface.
6. Place into the pie plate. The crust is not ready for a filling.
7. Fill the crust with filling, bake and serve!