- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Pie Crust - The Best, Flaky, Southern Pie Crust Ever Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped in pieces|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cold (butter flavored)|
|Ice cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (or more)|
Calories 1483 Calories from Fat 867
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 98 g151.4%
Saturated Fat 41.9 g209.7%
Trans Fat 6.7 g
Cholesterol 121 mg
Sodium 982.1 mg40.9%
Total Carbohydrates 134 g44.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.9%
Sugars 15.4 g
Protein 17 g33.2%
Vitamin A 28.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 4% Iron 40.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl add flour, sugar and salt. Whisk them till combined.
2. Add the butter and shortening and with hands mix until mixture resembles very large crumbs. Do not over mix.
3. Pour ice cold water and stir just until combined. Gather the dough into a ball and flatten it.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for around 30 minutes or until cold.
5. Remove the dough ball from the fridge.
6. Divide the chilled pie crust into 2 balls.
7. Sprinkle flour on clean work surface and roll out one ball until it is about 1/8 inch thick.
8. Place it inside of a deep dish pie pan. Press to shape if needed.
9. Use this crust to make a pie of your choice.
This recipe makes 2 pie crusts. Repeat steps 5 -8 with the other half of the dough or use it to make strips.