- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pico De Gallo Recipe
|Ripe tomatoes/4 medium ripe tomatoes / 1 15- ounce can italian plum tomatoes, drained, seeded, liquid reserved||2 Large, seeded and finely chopped|
|Minced scallions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Use The White And Part Of The Green)|
|Fresh jalapeno/Serrano chilies||2|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Minced fresh coriander||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Water/The reserved liquid from tomato can||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 28 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.39 g0.6%
Saturated Fat 0.07 g0.33%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 104.3 mg4.3%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 1 g2.6%
Vitamin A 23.1% Vitamin C 31.2%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 5.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large ceramic bowl, combine all the ingredients and toss well to mix thoroughly.
2. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for 1 hour until the flavors are well blended and relish is chilled.
3. Stir the relish a few times while in the refrigerator.
4. Taste and add more seasonings if required.
5. Spoon into a bowl and serve chilled or at room temperatue.