- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Picnic Chicken Recipe Video
|Chicken pieces||5 Pound (Bone-in and Skin-on)|
|Kosher salt||2 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 777 Calories from Fat 183
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.5%
Saturated Fat 5 g24.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 396.8 mg
Sodium 3414.1 mg142.3%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27.3%
Sugars 12.9 g
Protein 124 g247.8%
Vitamin A 154.3% Vitamin C 43%
Calcium 11.3% Iron 46.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Rinse the chicken under cold water and pat dry with a paper towel, set aside.
2. In large bowl, place all ingredients except chicken and mix well.
3. Rub each chicken piece well, with the dry mix, rubbing well all over the chicken and also under the skin.
4. On a foil lined baking pan, place a wire rack and arrange chicken over the rack.
5. Allow the chicken to marinate by refrigerating it for about 6 hours.
6. After about 5 hours, preheat the oven to 425°F.
7. Cover the chicken pieces with foil, making a tent on top.
8. Bake the chicken, in oven 425°F for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the inner temperature reaches 140°F.
9. Raise the temperature to 500°F and bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until the inner temperature reaches 165°F.
10. Remove the chicken and allow to cool completely.
11. Serve as it is or with desired dip .