- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Picnic Apple Pie Recipe
|Castor sugar||4 Ounce (1/2 Cup)|
|Self raising flour||4 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Plain flour||4 Ounce (1 Cup)|
Calories 625 Calories from Fat 221
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.7%
Saturated Fat 15.1 g75.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 113.8 mg
Sodium 470.6 mg19.6%
Total Carbohydrates 94 g31.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.8%
Sugars 44.2 g
Protein 7 g13.5%
Vitamin A 17.1% Vitamin C 11.6%
Calcium 13.4% Iron 10.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 375°F.
2. Peel and slice apples.
3. In a bowl, cream butter, sugar and egg together.
4. Sift flours with salt and stir into mixture, adding a little more flour if required to make a firm dough.
5. Chill for 30 minutes.
6. Roll out two thirds of pastry on a lightly floured surface and line a lightly greased 8-inch pie plate. Chill.
7. In a saucepan, put the apples along with cinnamon, sherry and about 1 tablespoon water. Cook until tender. Let it cool for some time.
8. Pile the mixture into a pastry case.
9. Roll the leftover pastry to cover top, crimp edges and bake in for about 35 minutes.
10. Cool the pie at room temperature and put in an airtight container.
11. Whip cream and sweeten to taste.
12. Chill the pie and cream until you start packing for the picnic.