- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Aachari Paneer Masala Recipe Video
|Cottage cheese/Cream fruit||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Thick yogurt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt||2 Teaspoon (use as per taste)|
|Brown sugar||1 Teaspoon (use as per taste)|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Panch phoran whole spice mix||1 Tablespoon (mustard, cumin, nigella seeds, fenugreek and fennel)|
|Onion||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Tomato||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Clarified butter||2 Teaspoon (ghee)|
|Whole dry red chilies||3 Medium|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 239 Calories from Fat 88
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.3%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19.8 mg
Sodium 1406.2 mg58.6%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.9%
Sugars 16.3 g
Protein 16 g31.7%
Vitamin A 25.8% Vitamin C 31.4%
Calcium 15.1% Iron 7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Chop onion and tomato roughly into thin slices.
2. In a bowl, mix thick yogurt, salt, brown sugar, turmeric powder and pickle.
3. Mix paneer well into the mixture to coat well and if desired marinate for about 1/2 an hour.
4. In a non-stick pan dry roast panch phoran spice mix - mustard, cumin, fenugreek, fennel and nigella seeds on low heat shaking from time to time and crush them in mortar and pestle.
5. In a pan add oil and ghee whole dry red chilies, panch phoran spices, chopped onion, and turmeric powder and give a good stir.
6. Let it cook, then add the ginger garlic paste and salt to taste and keep stirring from time to time without letting the onions overcook.
7. Then add the tomatoes and let it cook with lid until tomatoes turn mushy.
8. Add paprika powder, garam masala and give a good stir.
9. Add marinated paneer into it along followed by any leftover mixture in the bowl after diluting with water.
10. Let it cook for a while until well heated or till water evaporates if wanting to have it dry.
11. Serve with a garnish of chopped cilantro with rice or rotis.