- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pickled Shrimp With Onion Recipe
|Shrimp||2 1⁄2 Pound (Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Celery tops||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mixed pickling spice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt||3 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sliced onion||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salad oil||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|White vinegar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Capers and juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Celery seed||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tabasco sauce||7 Drop|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4007 Calories from Fat 2685
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 304 g467%
Saturated Fat 17.3 g86.6%
Trans Fat 4.9 g
Cholesterol 1723.6 mg
Sodium 12781.2 mg532.5%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.5%
Dietary Fiber 25.5 g101.9%
Sugars 9.8 g
Protein 237 g473.8%
Vitamin A 57.7% Vitamin C 78.6%
Calcium 97.1% Iron 209.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a pan, pour boiling water over the shrimps, then add the spices, salt and celery.
2) Cook gently, then peel and devein the shrimp.
3) In a shallow bowl, place the shrimp alternately with the sliced onion and then place the leaves.
4) Mix rest of the ingredients together, pour over the shrimp and refrigerate for minimum 24 hours.
5) Spoon on small individual dishes and serve on a relish tray or speared on wooden picks.