- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pickled Shrimp Recipe Video
|Bay leaves||5 , crush|
|Black peppercorns||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Mustard seed||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Crushed red pepper||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Whole cloves||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Whole cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Limes||2 , juiced|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Rice wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 780 Calories from Fat 504
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g87.6%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 335.1 mg14%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.4 g29.6%
Sugars 31.5 g
Protein 4 g7.9%
Vitamin A 16.6% Vitamin C 110.3%
Calcium 15.4% Iron 24%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Season the boiling water in a pan with pickling spices like bay leaves, black peppercorns, mustard seed, red pepper, cloves and freshly squeezed lemon juice. After squeezing put the lemon into the boiling water for extra flavor.
2. Add the shrimps to the boiling water and cook them for 2-2.5 minutes. Frequently stir the shrimps while boiling. When the shrimps are ready, they will float on the water and turn pink in color.
3. Drain the excess water through a colander and rinse the shrimp with cold water.
4. De-vein the shrimps by making a slit on the center of the back and removing the black colored vein under running water.
5. In a large bowl combine lime juice, olive oil, rice wine vinegar and sugar and give a thorough stir to dissolve the sugar.
6. Put the thinly sliced basil leaves into the marinade and then pour all the shrimps right into the marinade along with all the spices.
7. Season it with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
8. Toss the shrimp well to coat. Wrap the bowl with a plastic sheet and refrigerate overnight.
9. In a medium salad bowl, put lots of mixed greens. Add sliced cucumbers to the shrimps and toss well. Pour the marinade and the shrimps over the greens to serve.
10. Garnish with micro-greens and serve.